ISHS


Acta
Horticulturae
Home


Login
Logout
Status


Help

ISHS Home

ISHS Contact

Consultation
statistics
index


Search
 
ISHS Acta Horticulturae 1174: Proceedings of the 2016 Annual Meeting of the International Plant Propagators' Society

Effects of Tween® 20 on growth and drought tolerance of coleus 'Wasabi' (Plectranthus scutellarioides)©

Authors:   D.P. Greenwell, J.L. Sibley, A.F. Newby, C.W. Robinson, D.J. Eakes
DOI:   10.17660/ActaHortic.2017.1174.74
Abstract:
Water is essential for drinking, personal hygiene, power production plants, and agricultural food and animal production. Some 97.5% of the global water supply is unusable salt water. From the remaining 2.5% of fresh water, only a third can be withdrawn from the environment for use. Roughly 70% of all the fresh water drawn from the environment is used for irrigated agriculture (Seckler et al., 1998). Because irrigated agriculture consumes such a large percentage of the available fresh water, optimizing irrigation efficiency in all sectors of horticulture and agriculture is critical. Moe and Rheingans (2006) estimated that 50% less water could be used for irrigation if highly efficient irrigation practices were adopted.

Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (free software to read PDF files)

1174_73     1174     1174_75

URL www.actahort.org      Hosted by KU Leuven      © ISHS